I have been In private practice for over 25 years...
During this time, I have worked with children, adults, couples and families in both short and long-term psychotherapy. As a psychotherapist, I help individuals and couples to express their feelings and think about their experiences in a safe, enriching environment.
I also serve as a resource for the court and for families who are in the process of separation, divorce and child custody issues. I provide mediation, co-parent counseling, family counseling, reunification, and individual coaching as they navigate the painful and often confusing
process of reorganizing their family in ways that best meet the needs of everyone involved. I have been appointed as a Special Master/Parent Coordinator and conducted Child Custody Evaluations and Brief Focused Assessments.
I also work as an expert witness and consult with attorneys and community agencies on child custody matters, high conflict divorces and civil litigation matters. I lecture about children, parents, divorce and child custody at the local, state and national levels with mediators, therapists, lawyers and judges.
- Association of Marriage & Family Therapists
- Association of Family & Conciliation Courts
- Northern California Society for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- San Francisco Psychoanalytic Association
- San Francisco Psychological Association Child Custody Best Practices Committee
- "How Attachment Theory Can (and Can’t) Guide Custody Decisions," State Bar of California’s Family Law Section Webinar, April 2013.
- "How Attachment Theory Can (and Can't) Guide Custody Decisions," October 2012.
- “Has the Pendulum Swung? Revisiting the Psychological Needs of the Child,” AFCC 49th Annual Conference, Chicago, June 2012
- "How Learning and Psychological Styles Affect Participation in Collaborative Divorce - CoParent Counseling in High Conflict Divorce," October 2011
- "Brief Focused Evaluation" AFCC Annual Conference, California, June 2011