I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in San Francisco where I have been in private practice for over 25 years. I provide both long and short term psychoanalytic psychotherapy for individuals and couples.
I work extensively in the area of family law providing mediation, co-parent counseling, family counseling, reunification, and individual coaching. I have been appointed as a Special Master/Parent Coordinator and conducted Child Custody Evaluations and Brief Focused Assessments.
I work as an expert witness and consult with attorneys and community agencies on child custody matters, high conflict divorces and civil litigation matters. I lecture about children, parents, divorce and child custody at the local, state and national levels with mediators, therapists, lawyers and judges.
- "How Attachment Theory Can (and Can’t) Guide Custody Decisions," State Bar of California’s Family Law Section Webinar, April 2013.
- "How Attachment Theory Can (and Can't) Guide Custody Decisions," October 2012.
- “Has the Pendulum Swung? Revisiting the Psychological Needs of the Child,” AFCC 49th Annual Conference, Chicago, June 2012
- "How Learning and Psychological Styles Affect Participation in Collaborative Divorce - CoParent Counseling in High Conflict Divorce," October 2011
- "Brief Focused Evaluation" AFCC Annual Conference, California, June 2011
- Association of Marriage & Family Therapists
- Association of Family & Conciliation Courts
- Northern California Society for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy
- San Francisco Psychoanalytic Association
- San Francisco Psychological Association Child Custody Best Practices Committee